INVEST IN CANADA
Canada has a long history of investing in R&D, funding industry and academic partnership programs, implementing innovation friendly policies and regulations and encouraging private-sector advancement of science and technology. All of that is proof of Canada’s commitment to commercialization, industry-driven research and becoming an innovation partner to the world. Canada is investing in an innovative, clean and inclusive economy. The Innovation Superclusters Initiative brings together industry, academia, government and not-for-profits to invest and grow expertise in the areas of ocean sciences, artificial intelligence, advanced manufacturing, protein industry, and digital technology. Canada also has over 120 startup incubators and accelerators supporting dynamic ecosystems across the country.
Access global markets
Canada gives investors preferential market access through 14 trade agreements to 51 countries with nearly 1.5 billion consumers with a combined GDP of US$49.3 trillion.
A highly educated workforce
Competitive R&D environment
A great place to invest, work, and live
Canada offers a quality of life that is hard to match, ranking number one in the world based on affordability, job market, family friendliness, income equality, political stability, safety and our well-developed public health and education systems.
FEW FACTS ABOUT CALGARY
- Due to its vast grassland, the city is still referred to as Cow Town. It still gives you the images of Wild West.
- The Calgary Stampede, held every year for 10 days, is the largest outdoor event in the world. It features First Nations Exhibits, world’s largest rodeo, concerts, stage shows, a midway, chuck wagon racing, agricultural competitions and a parade. The event attracts over 1 million attendees.
- The average age in Calgary is 35.7 years. Like in all youthful cities, you can expect a lot of partying, sports, romance and a sizzling entertainment scene.
- The city is as diverse as any city can get. A whopping 120 languages are spoken in the city
- Calgary is the cleanest city in the world…Cow Town or not, it seems that the cowboys cleanup real well after all, huh?
- You have a great cause that you want to have volunteers work on? Well, Calgary has more volunteers per capita than any other city in the world.
- Calgary receives an average of 2600 hours of sun per year. This makes it the sunniest city in Canada. If you do not like the cold, perhaps you need to shift countries/cities and live in Calgary. Besides, 26% of the population in Calgary is not born Canadian…you will be in good company.
- Calgary has an altitude of 3,800 feet. This is well above the average among the Canadian cities. This means that the city is neither too hot nor too cold.
Genesis Centre Feature Gymnasium & Event Centre, 7555 Falconridge Boulevard NE, Calgary